Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Fat Tuesday, Lent, Running and Crocheting

I'm catholic, so in honor of FAT TUESDAY and with Lent starting tomorrow I did a little shopping and drinking tonight. Sorry to dissapoint you, but I didn't wear party beads.

I'm giving up shopping for Lent. I consider myself to be professional, so this is going to be a real sacrifice. I honestly love shopping not just for myself, but other people. For those of you that don't know what Lent is, it is the time from Ash Wednesdy to Easter.


I bought a new pair of running shoes and
an iPod arm band at Sports Authority.

FYI...please notice the CLEARANCE tag.



Of coures, I had to stop by Tj-max for
a Betseyville computer bag that was
originally $55 and at Tj-max I paid $19.99.

I had to swipe the old debt-it card a few last times before Lent started. I love Tj's it is one of my favorite stores. During lent, I also do not eat meat on fridays or I try not to. Last year I would always forget and remember after I would place my order. That didn't exactly work out so well.


Half marathon update -

I'm signing up for the Des Moines Dam to Dam (June 5th) 20K. A couple other co-workers are going to run the race, so I figure I can do it too. I plan to follow the Hal Higdon 12 week half marathon program for novice. I bought new shoes, so I don't have an excuse not to run and now that I have an iPod holder I have the tunes too. I'm a huge fan of the app Pandora. Honestly, I'm sorta scared, but I'm ready for the challenge at the same time. I have always wanted to do something like this and I figure it will be a great way to get in shape. Now I just need the weather to warm up.


Crochet update -

Well, this is still a work in progress, but a big update from my last post. I worked for about 2 hours on Sunday night. I'm starting to get the hang of it, but it still takes me a really long time. More updates to come towards the end of the week.

You can actually tell it is a
flower in the middle this time.


Stay tuned for an update on the girls weekend.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Abby!
    Congrats on committing to running the half. My goal was running the half in Champaign in May, but obviously that won't happen now that I'm due in May :) But hopefully next year. I've heard great things about the Hal Higdon program, many runners I know suggest following that. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flower looks great now only a 100+ more. Love the purchasing! We need to plan a shopping trip in April to celebrate!

    www.cdycattle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. good for you on signing up for the half. i did the chicago half back in college and had a blast. you'll do great. good luck giving up shopping! think of all the money you'll have saved up to burn after easter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Established in 1997, St. Gregorious Edu-Guidance is a leading education consultancy services providing exemplary service to students all over India. We deal in Admissions to all major professional courses in Premier Institutes across India. We are your one step solution for all career related needs, it may be MD, MBBS BE, BTech (ALL BRANCHES), , MDS, BDS, BPharm, BArch, MBA, MTech, MS, , PhD or any other courses. We provide personalized career solutions on an individual basis keeping in mind the aspirations of our client as well as the affordability factor.
    FOR ALL CAREER RELATED NEEDS CONTACT US :
    St. Gregorious Edu-Guidance,
    #2, 2nd Floor,
    J J Complex, Above Chemmannur Jewellers,
    Marthahalli - P O,
    Bangalore - 560037
    Karnataka
    e-mail :jojishpaily@gmail.com
    Contact: +91 9448516637
    +91 9886089896, +91 9449009983
    080-32416570, 41719562

    ReplyDelete